The Port of Quincy is governed by a 3-member Board of Commissioners. Each Commissioner is elected by the citizens of the port district and serves a six-year term. The port district is divided into three commissioner districts following voting precinct boundaries. and the commissioner representing each district must be a registered voter within that district.
- This map shows the boundaries of the Port of Quincy and the commissioner districts within those boundaries. Click image to view larger version.
The Port Commission is primarily responsible for:
- Planning the port's future and guiding the port's activities in that direction
- Developing and adopting port district policies and governing operations
- Preparing and adopting an annual budget and authorizing tax levy amount
- Hiring the staff to oversee the Port's activities
Commissioner, District #1
Commissioner District No. 1 is currently being represented by Curt Morris. Curt joined the Port Commission in July of 1995. His current term expires on December 31, 2013.
Commissioner, District #2
Patric F. Connelly
The Commissioner District No. 2 position is held by Patric Connelly. Pat became a member of the commission in April of 1996. His current term expires on December 31, 2017.
Commissioner, District #3
Brian A. Kuest
Brian Kuest became Commissioner for District No. 3 in May of 1997. Brian's current term will expire on December 31, 2015.
Sherry Harrington, Office Administrator