The Port of Quincy is governed by a 3-member Board of Commissioners. Each Commissioner is elected by the citizens of the port district and serves a six-year term. The port district is divided into three commissioner districts following voting precinct boundaries. and the commissioner representing each district must be a registered voter within that district.
- This map shows the boundaries of the Port of Quincy and the commissioner districts within those boundaries. Click image to view larger version.
The Port Commission is primarily responsible for:
- Planning the port’s future and guiding the port’s activities in that direction
- Developing and adopting port district policies and governing operations
- Preparing and adopting an annual budget and authorizing tax levy amount
- Hiring the staff to oversee the Port’s activities
Darci Kleyn, Comptroller
Sara Horning, Human Resources
Nick Parker, Projects Coordinator
Sarah Hawes, Event Manager
Chris Dowd, Colockum Ridge Golf Course Grounds Superintendent
Scott Calkins, Colockum Ridge Golf Course Clubhouse Manager
Kevin Akright, Colockum Ridge Golf Course Mechanic
Nick Melburn, Maintenance