For an application, please click on the following link:
OPEN POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Location: Port District #1 of Grant County
Position Title: General Labor / Maintenance
Pay Rate: $12 – $15/hr DOE
Regular, Full Time
Description of Responsibilities:
The Port of Quincy is seeking a responsible and self motivated individual to provide broad maintenance and labor support to the Port of Quincy properties and projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and operation of Port of Quincy Intermodal Terminal equipment,
- Maintenance and organization of shop area and tools,
- Weed and pest control for Port of Quincy property and project areas,
- General maintenance and landscaping upkeep of administrative office and conference center,
- Labor support for Colockum Ridge Golf Course, Intermodal Terminal, Conference Center and Port of Quincy administrative office as needed.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Basic maintenance (oil, filter, fluid checks and replacement) for heavy equipment.
- Basic railroad track and switch maintenance.
- Forklift operation and certification
- Experience with landscaping equipment, riding mowers and sanders.
- Heavy equipment operation.
- CDL – preferred, but not required. The Port will provide CDL training to the right candidate.
- Public Operator’s license – preferred, but not required.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to take direction. The Port is willing to train the right candidate in equipment operation. Work will typically be Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm but may include occasional nights, weekends, or holidays.
The Port of Quincy provides competitive medical coverage, as well as retirement benefits.
A Port of Quincy application is required, as well as a resume demonstrating work history. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Employment with the Port of Quincy is contingent on passing a preemployment drug screening.
Applications can be found on the Port of Quincy website: www.portofquincy.org or www.portofquincyintermodal.com. Completed applications can be sent to email@example.com or returned to the Port of Quincy administrative office at 840 F Street SW.